It was the Monday coming off of a Bears playoff loss [frown] but a Steelers playoff win [semi smile]. Allow me to explain. Let it be known that under no circumstances am I a Steelers fan [I'm a proud Browns fan and always will be], but seeing as how my parents and extended family hail from Steel City, I’m happy for them. There, I said it.
Tonight, dinner needed to be easy. This high-fiber, protein packed salad was so quick & simple I’m not sure I can call it a recipe. I must advise you to take heed if you’re averse to the strong flavor of raw garlic. I happen to love it but many people don’t. Raw garlic has been proven to boost your immune system, lower cholesterol, and lower blood pressure, among other health benefits. Though regarded as an herbal whiz kid, it will clear you sinuses as well as anyone within a five-mile radius. Your breath will be a lethal weapon, consider yourself warned.
Garlic + Bean Winter Salad
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame beans
- 1/2 cup chick peas
- sprinkling of parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1 palmful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of kosher salt
- Combine the edamame beans, cannellini beans, chick peas, and parmesan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette. Pour over bean mixture until all ingredients are evenly coated. Enjoy!